Arizona DPS NEW Unarmed Guard Card Course - 8 Hours
The training you need to get the Arizona DPS unarmed guard card.
How it works:
- Complete the online training at your own pace.
- Within 24 business hours after completing the course, your instructor will email the Guard Card Application with the instructor section filled out. No training certificate is issued with this course.
- Next steps which include:
- Submitting fingerprints
- Pay guard card application fee: $83.85 unarmed | $134.95 armed
- Return completed application to Instructor with a copy of your driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Wait for your Arizona DPS issued guard card to be delivered in the mail before you start work.
The AZ Department of Public Safety requires all Security Guards be licensed in the State of Arizona and complete 8 hours training. This online course is offered in partnership with Anderson Security Agency Ltd who is licensed under the Arizona Department of Public Safety (license # 1003692)
To find Anderson Security Agency listed on the Arizona D.P.S. License List
For tips on obtaining your Arizona DPS Unarmed Guard Card on a Budget, click here.
- If you're under 18 years of age.
- If you are not a citizen or legal resident who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony, whether or not your conviction was set aside and your Civil Rights were restored.
- If you are currently under indictment for a felony.
- If within the last 5 years preceding your application, you have been convicted of any misdemeanors involving:
- Personal Violence
- Misconduct involving a deadly weapon
- Dishonesty or Fraud
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Misconduct
- If you are on parole, community supervision, work furlough, on home arrest, or on release on any other basis.
- If you are named in an outstanding arrest warrant.
- If you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent or found to constitute a danger to self or others.
- If you have a disability, which renders you incapable of performing essential functions of the job.
- If you have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as a security guard or private investigator without a license if a license is required.
- If you were discharged from the armed services of the U.S. under other than honorable conditions.
- AZ State Legislature – 32-2609– Good cause exceptions for felony offenses.