Illinois PERC: The 20-Hour Basic Security Officer Training Program
The Training you need to work as a licensed security officer in the state of Illinois.
The Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation requires all Security Guards to be licensed in the State of Illinois and complete 20 hours of training. This online course is offered in partnership with P4 Academy who is licensed under the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation (license #102.000245).
To become a security officer in Illinois requires two things, you must obtain a Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) and complete security officer training.
How it works:
1. Visit https://online-dfpr.micropact.com/Default.aspx to submit your PERC application online. As an alternative, you can download a paper application by clicking: https://www.idfpr.com/renewals/apply/forms/perc.pdf.
2. Complete the entire application,
3. Obtain fingerprints from an approved vendor or in the manner listed on the application.
4. Submit completed application, fingerprints, and pay the non-refundable fee.
5. Complete 20 hours of security officer training.
Do not delay applying for the PERC as you must have it in your possession before you can begin work.
The following are the minimum applicant requirements:·
· U.S. Citizenship or valid Green Card
· Live Scan fingerprints
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Drug screening and background check
· Strong communication skills; spoken and written English
· Solid work record
· Reliable, ethical, hard-worker
This course will equip students with the necessary knowledge and requirements for an entry-level unarmed security guard position. Course material will go over Illinois state laws and help students obtain the skills necessary to be successful as a security officer.